Saturday, March 13, 2010

Aman Ki Asha - A Hope for Peace

I envy the pigeons that fly
From my side to yours
There are no boundaries
That stop them from going beyond
For they are pigeons, not men
Like you and me
Who fight as nations
Nations who were one not long ago

Why can't there be peace
As there used to be once upon a time
Why can't there be a realisation
That hate begets hate

Peace will bring us closer
Peace will keep us happy
Peace will give us a reason
To bring prosperity

I wonder when the day will come
When people who matter understand
Let's not fight yet again
Let's not try to break each other once again

We gained nothing but hate
After we chose to separate
We could have been one happy nation
Had we taken a wise decision

What happened is now history
What can be gained now should not be a mystery
Let's work towards peace
Let's make peace, let's make peace

Hope for peace
Hope for prosperity

That is my request to you O my brother on the other side
For you forget you are part of me

No comments: